Anchor Premier League Rules
|Matches / Team||5|
|Team Roster of||15-20 Players|
|Batting||Best 11 to Bat|
|Bowling||Best 11 to Bowl and Field. Maximum 4 overs per bowler.|
|Power Play Overs||Over No.1 to 6|
|Time for Each Match||180 Minutes (90 Minutes/ Innings)|
|Break Between Inns||10 Minutes|
|Umpire||2 On Field Umpires|
|Live Scoring||On the Sportobuddy App with Live Coverage|
League Rounds >> Challenger Rounds
|Total Number of Matches||40|
|Total Overs / Innings||20|
|League Round||Each team will play 3 matches in the league round|
|Challenger Round||Each team will play 2 matches in the challenger round|
League Match Points
|Bonus Point||1 Point|
|Tie||In case of a Tie during the league/challenger round then 1.5 points each will be
awarded to both the teams.
In case of a Tie during the finals, Super Over will determine the winner.
|Bonus Point||If a team chases the total within 15 overs, they get a Bonus Point.
If a team wins with a difference of 50 runs, they get a Bonus Point.
|Anchor Challenge||There will be 1 extra tournament point available in each match, this would be awarded
halfway through the chase.
The team chasing would receive the point if they are above the equivalent score of their opposition, if they are behind then the fielding team will get that 1 point.
If the scores are tied in 10 Over Anchor Challenge then no points would be given to any team (Tournament and Championship).
|No Ball||1 Run + Free Hit|
|Wide Ball||1 Run|
- In case of slow over rate the Umpires will take a final call on whether there was any interference by the batting team which caused the bowling team to delay their completion of 20 overs.
- A team can only play if there are minimum 7 players available on the ground. If there are less than 7 players than the opposite team will win the match by walk over and will gain points with bonus point.
- For a Dead Ball / Wide / No Ball the bowler will have to bowl an extra delivery which is a valid delivery.
- At the instant of a delivery, there may not be more than 5 fielders on the legside. Not more than 2 fielders behind the popping crease on the leg side.
- For the first 6 overs of Powerplay, only two fielders are permitted to be outside the field restriction marking at the instant of delivery.
- For the remaining overs, minimum 4 fielders must be inside the field restriction area (this does not include the wicketkeeper & bowler).
- In the event of an infringement of above mentioned field restriction rules, the umpire shall call and signal No Ball
- If the match is completely washed out then 1.5 points each would be awarded.
- If the match is completely washed out then for championship 225 and 275 points would be awarded depending on the round.
- Any team giving walkover would result in Basic Bonus point victory (Tournament – 4 Points and respective championship points would be awarded).
- Any team giving walkover would be fined INR 25,000/- and they will have to pay this amount before they fly to Dubai.
- Batting/Bowling change will change after 6-4-5-5 overs. Team winning the toss will decide the starting end. For the 2nd innings fielding team will decide the starting end
- Teams coming late would be penalised by reduction of their batting overs – 1 over for every 5 minutes delay (Beyond Safety Timing)
- The above call would be taken by the umpire only.
- All the captains are requested to accept all the decisions made by the umpires for matches as well as the timing and penalties.
- Any player found misbehaving and abusing anyone on the ground would be disqualified immediately from the tournament.
- Any captain blackmailing the organisers for the above decision would be disqualified too with the player.
- Captains are requested to follow the eligibility criteria, if any player caught then the team will lose the points to the opposite team and captain will not be allowed to play next 3 matches of the tournament and the player would be disqualified immediately.
- Replacement of player during the tournament can be done only with valid medical certificate, this will be checked by talking to the doctor.
- Any captain found lying about the above would be disqualified for 2 next matches.
- Players must wear jerseys provided by Sportobuddy for Anchor City Championship 5.0.
- Players must wear black track pants only.
- No player will be allowed to play with jerseys from the previous seasons or any other jerseys.
Tournament and Championship Points
|Sl.||Criteria||Tournament Points||Championship Points|
|1||Winning a T20 Match in League Round||3||450|
|2||Winning a T20 Match with a bonus point in League Round||1||500|
|3||Winning a 10 Over Anchor Challenge in a League Round||1||150|
|4||Winning a T20 Match in Challenger Round||3||550|
|5||Winning a T20 Match with a bonus point in Challenger Round||1||600|
|6||Winning a 10 Over Anchor Challenge in Challenger Round||1||250|
Sportobuddy will continuously be in touch with the umpires to make sure the innings are completed within 85~90 minutes for each innings. The decision of whether the team has caused the delay or not will be decided solely by the umpires present on the field.
In case of slow over rate the Umpires will take a final call on whether there was any interference by the batting team which caused the bowling team to delay their completion of 20 overs
1st Innings Penalty:
The bowling team needs to complete the allotted 20 overs even if they cross the allotted time limit. In this case, the team batting second will face a penalty of the extra time taken to complete their allotted 20 overs as follows:
4.5 extra mins = 1 over penalty
eg. Team bowling first takes 99 minutes to complete 20 overs.
Here, they will get to bat 2 overs less ie. 18 overs to chase the target.
2nd Innings Penalty:
Second innings will stop at the time allotted for that innings and accordingly penalty will be applied. Penalty for slow over rate will be average runs scored in the inning + 12 runs for every over bowled short.
Penalty Runs Calculation is average runs scored by the team batting second + 12 runs per over. e.g. Team bowling second finishes 18 overs in allotted time and the batting team has scored 135 runs Here, the final total will be 135 runs + average 7.5 runs per over + penalty 12 runs per over = 174 runs
Players & Field Restrictions
Powerplay Field Restrictions:
For the first 6 overs of Powerplay, minimum 7 fielders must be inside the field restriction area (this does not include the wicketkeeper & bowler)
If a team has all 11 players on field then, 2 fielders will be allowed outside the field restriction area
If a team has only 10 players on field then, only 1 fielder will be allowed outside the field restriction area
If a team has 9 players or less on field then, no fielders will be allowed outside the field restriction area
Field Restrictions :
For the remaining overs, minimum 4 fielders must be inside the field restriction area (this does not include the wicketkeeper & bowler)
If a team has all 11 players on field then, 5 fielders will be allowed outside the field restriction area
If a team has only 10 players on field then, only 4 fielders will be allowed outside the field restriction area
If a team has only 9 players on field then, only 3 fielders will be allowed outside the field restriction area
f a team has only 8 players on field then, only 2 fielders will be allowed outside the field restriction area
If a team has only 7 players on field then, only 1 fielder will be allowed outside the field restriction area
Note : In matter of doubts/issues/queries not covered by the tournament rules, the decision of the Organizing committee present on the ground will be final and binding upon all concerned as per the standard rule. Sportobuddy reserves the rights to all decisions pertaining to any issues/concerns raised during and after the tournament.