My Father My Anchor Rules
|Matches / Team||Minimum 6 Matches|
|Team Roster of||16-20 Players|
|Batting||Best 11 to Bat (10 Wickets)|
|Bowling||Best 11 to Bowl and Field|
|Power Play Overs||Over 2 & 3 of each innings|
|Time for Each Match||45 Minutes/ Innings|
|Break Between Inns||5 Minutes|
|Break Between Match||15 Minutes|
|Umpire||2 On Field Umpires|
|Live Scoring||On the Sportobuddy App with Live Video|
|Live Video Coverage||YouTube – Sportobuddy Network|
League Rounds >> Challengers >> Finals
|Total Number of Matches||52|
|Selection Criteria for Qualifiers||Total 4 Innings / Match, 10 Overs each / Team / Inning|
|Total Overs / Innings||
10 Over in each innings to be bowled from one bowling side and to be changed in the next Innings.
|Challenger Round||1. There would be 4 Finals (Elite, Star, Premium, Classic)
2. If there is a tie in point then NRR would be considered for the qualification
League & Challenger round Match points
|Bonus Point||+1 Point (Team winning with the gap 30 Runs)
OR +1 Point (Team winning by 5 wickets)
+2 Points (Team winning by Innings/Follow on)
|Follow – on||Follow on can be imposed on the opponent if there is a gap of 50 Runs and more. This is completely at the discretion of the Captain whose team is leading|
|Tie (League Matches)||2 Points to each team|
|Tie (Finals)||Super Over|
|Walkover||3+1 Points to the other Team, -1 to the team giving walkover|
|Player Eligibility||3+1 Points to the other Team, - 1 to the team who has cheated / made a mistake|
- Sportobuddy will be continuously be in touch with the umpires to make sure the innings are completed within 40~45 minutes for each inning of 10 Overs. The decision of whether the team has caused the delay or not will be decided solely by the umpires present on the field.
- In case of slow over rate the Umpires will take a final call on whether there was any interference by the batting team which caused the bowling team to delay their completion the overs.
- If both the teams don’t start the match as per the schedule than the match overs for both the teams would be reduced proportionately so the next match is not affected.
- Minimum 8 players are needed to start the match from each team, any team coming late beyond the match starting time would lose overs from their batting quota. (1 Over for every 5 minutes delay beyond the start of the match timing). If the team is late beyond 45 minutes beyond the match starting time, then the opposite team would win the match by walk over. Walk Over points are mentioned in the slide 3. If the team is 20 minutes late then the team would lose 4 overs from their batting quota. (i.e. 5 minutes / over lost from the start of the match timing). Match will not start without 8 players on the field for both the teams. Match can start with less than 8 players if the opposite captain agrees to play a legit game.
- No rescheduling requests from the teams would be entertained once the tournament starts.
- If the player is injured, then captain should make sure his player comes out of the field and meets the physio immediately in the dugout to avoid time loss. Any player suffering an on field physical injury while batting will be considered as retired hurt and will be allowed to bat again only after the fall of a wicket.
- 1st Innings Penalty
The bowling team needs to complete the allotted 10 overs even if they cross the allotted time limit. In this case, the team batting second will face a penalty of the extra time taken to complete their allotted 10 overs as follows: 5 extra mins = 1 over penalty
e.g. Team bowling first takes 50 minutes to complete 10 overs. Here, they will get to bat 1 over less i.e. 9 overs to chase the target / take a lead.
- 2nd Innings Penalty:
Last innings will stop at the time allotted for that innings and accordingly penalty will be applied to the bowling team. Penalty for slow over rate will be average run scored in the inning + 10 runs for every over bowled short. e.g. Team bowling second finishes 19 overs in allotted time. In this case, the innings will stop, and the batting team will get penalty runs as follows Penalty Runs Calculation is Average runs scored by the team batting second + 10 runs per over.
- Any player misbehaving with the Sportobuddy Staff / Umpires would be given Red Card immediately and will not be allowed to take any further part in the game and would be suspended for the next two matches.
- Any player found smoking inside the boundary rope i.e. the playing field would be suspended immediately from the league.
- Captains must make sure that the discipline and proper decorum is followed by him as well as his players on the field, failing to do so will attract 1 match suspension for the captain.
- YouTube streaming is only for entertainment / viewing purpose and not for DRS or decision reviews. Umpires' decisions are considered as final and binding on all.
- A Bowler can bowl a maximum of 2 overs per innings. (2 in each Innings)
- At the instant of a delivery, there may not be more than 5 fielders on the legside.
- Not more than 2 fielders behind the popping crease on the leg side
- For the over No 2,3,12 and 13 Powerplay would be applicable as per ICC rules. In case if the team playing with less players, the call would be as per the umpires.
- Over no 1 and 11 would be the Anchor Overs and the rules are as per page 1.
- If the match is curtailed, then the umpires would decide the number of overs for the powerplay / innings. In case of slow over rate penalty the powerplay overs would not be reduced for the batting team.
- For the remaining overs, minimum 4 fielders must be inside the field restriction area (this does not include the wicketkeeper & bowler)
- In the event of an infringement of above-mentioned field restriction rules, the umpire shall call and signal No Ball.
- In matter of doubts/issues/queries not covered by the tournament rules, the decision of the organizing committee will be final and binding upon all concerned as per the standard rules.
- Sportobuddy will not undo any decisions taken by the umpires on the field.
- Sportobuddy reserves the rights to all decisions pertaining to any issues/concerns raised during and after the tournament.
- Captains to make sure that the squad is selected as per the eligibility criteria mentioned on www.sportobuddycricketclub.com/eligibility
- The team would lose the match’s points with bonus to the opposition and would get -1 points in their tally if any players are found ineligible in their squad, they will also lose their qualification points to the opposition team.
- All the matches the team has played would be nullified and would be given as a walk over to the other team
- When the matches are nullified the NRR also would be nullified for all the matches
- If the team with the non-eligible players loses to the other team then the NRR would stay, only the bonus point would be awarded to the winning team.
- If any such instance is concluded and proven guilty then the Captain of the team would face the suspension for next 2 matches
- If Captain has any doubt on a player and if he is not sure of him then he should not make that player play
- Sportobuddy will not be responsible for any loss/damage/injury occurring during the tournament or after the tournament. A first aid kit will be provided at the venue but in case of a player needing immediate medical attention, all medical expenses will have to be borne by the player. Under no circumstances, the organizers will be held liable for any such expenses.
- Sportobuddy will not be responsible for any personal/material loss during the tournament or after the tournament.
- Sportobuddy is not responsible for the cancellation or postponement of the matches/tournament due to any unforeseen/natural circumstances that may be beyond control.
- Request for the postponement and/or shifting of matches shall not be entertained.
- Sportobuddy believes in sporting fun along with safety of all the players, we urge you to use the best of your helmets and guards which is prescribed by your coaches and team consultants.
- Sportobuddy will not be responsible for any personal/material loss or theft during the tournaments or after the tournaments.
- If any team walks out of the ground for whatsoever reasons without the umpire’s consent, it will be deemed that the team has forfeited the game and points with bonus will be given to the opposite team..